How to Ask Google to Recrawl URLs of Your WordPress Site
Recently one of our readers asked if it’s possible to get Google to recrawl specific URLs? If your website is new, then Google will take some time to crawl and display new pages or changes in search results. In this article, we will show you how to ask Google to recrawl URLs of your WordPress site.
How to Ask Google to ‘Recrawl’ Your WordPress Website
After you have uploaded a site map, it can still take weeks for a site to be indexed. To speed that up:
1. In search console, go to crawl » fetch as Google
2. Leave the text box blank so it only shows the root
3. Keep it on desktop and click the [Fetch] button
4. Click the [Request indexing] button you get after a few seconds
5. Choose ‘Crawl this URL and its direct links’ and click [Go]
6. Then repeat 3~5 for mobile.